Place:


Chatton  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chatton like this:

CHATTON, a parish in Glendale district, Northumberland; on the river Till, 4½ miles E of Wooler, and 6¾ WSW of Lucker r. station. It has a post office under Belford. Acres, 17, 090. Real property, £14, 922. Pop., 1, 651. Houses, 310. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value, £480.* Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is very good.

Chatton through time

Chatton is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chatton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chatton, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8922

Date accessed: 02nd December 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chatton ".