Place:


Cottingham  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cottingham like this:

COTTINGHAM, a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands near the river Welland, and the boundaries with Leicester and Rutland, 2½ miles SW of Rockingham r. station, and 8¼ N of Kettering. The parish includes also Middleton township; and its post town is Rockingham, under Leicester. ...


Acres, 3, 286. Real property, £6, 780. Pop., 1, 139. Houses, 240. The property is subdivided. Cottingham House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £426.* Patron, Brazenose College, Oxford. The church is good; and there are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £43.

Cottingham through time

Cottingham is now part of Corby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Corby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cottingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cottingham, in Corby and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7678

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cottingham ".