Place:


East Carlton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Carlton like this:

CARLTON (East), a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; near the river Welland, 3½ miles SW of Rockingham r. station, and 7 E by N of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Rockingham, under Leicester. Acres, 1,598. Real property, £3,293. Pop., 70. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. Carlton House is a seat of Sir J. H. Palmer, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £108.* Patron, Sir J. H. Palmer, Bart. The church is modern, and has a tower.

East Carlton through time

East Carlton is now part of Corby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Corby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Carlton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Carlton, in Corby and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7645

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Carlton ".