Place:


East Sutton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Sutton like this:

SUTTON (East), a parish in Hollingbourn district, Kent; 3½ miles N of Headcorn r. station. Post town, Staplehurst. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £2,434. Pop., 385. Houses, 74. The manor, with East Sutton Place, belongs to Sir E. Filmer, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Sutton-Valence. The church is old and interesting. Charities, £89.

East Sutton through time

East Sutton is now part of Maidstone district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maidstone has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Sutton, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6430

Date accessed: 05th October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Sutton ".