Place:


Hucking  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hucking like this:

HUCKING, a parish in Hollingbourn district, Kent; 2 miles N of Hollingbourn, and 4½ S by W of Newington r. station. Post town, Hollingbourn, under Maidstone. Acres, 1, 188. Real property, £922. Pop., 119. Houses, 23. The property is divided between two. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Bicknor, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church has Norman parts, and is good.

Hucking through time

Hucking is now part of Maidstone district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maidstone has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hucking itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hucking, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5804

Date accessed: 27th February 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hucking".