Place:


Mottram St Andrew  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mottram St Andrew like this:

MOTTRAM-ST.ANDREW, a township, with a village, in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 2½ miles NW of Prestbury r. station. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £3,170. Pop. in 1851,408; in 1861,460. Houses, 90. The manor belonged formerly to the Mottram family; and, with Mottram Hall, belongs now to the Rev. H. Wright. Mottram Old Hall is an ancient mansion, and was formerly moated. Lee Hall is the scat of Capt. Street. There are a parochial school, and charities £30; and the school. house is occasionally used as a place of worship.

Mottram St Andrew through time

Mottram St Andrew is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mottram St Andrew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mottram St Andrew, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3456

Date accessed: 24th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mottram St Andrew ".