Place:


Nash  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nash like this:

NASH, a hamlet in Leeds parish, Kent; near Leeds village. A house here, called Battle Hall, is partly of the 14th century; includes considerable alterations of the time of Henry VIII.; belonged, at that time, to Robert Chambre; and passed to the proprietor of Leeds Castle.

The location is that of Battle Hall. Additional information about this locality is available for Leeds

Nash through time

Nash is now part of Maidstone district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maidstone has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nash, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25101

Date accessed: 05th October 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nash ".