Place:


Oldbury  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oldbury like this:

OLDBURY, a hamlet in Ightham parish, Kent; ½ a mile W of Ightham village. Oldbury Lodge is the seat of H. Martin, Esq. Oldbury Hill is crowned by a Roman camp of irregular form, enclosing about 137 acres, and defended by a single vallum.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ightham

Oldbury through time

Oldbury is now part of Tonbridge and Malling district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tonbridge and Malling has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oldbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oldbury, in Tonbridge and Malling and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24655

Date accessed: 27th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oldbury ".