Place:


Sevenoaks Weald  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sevenoaks Weald like this:

WEALD, a chapelry, with a village, in Sevenoaks parish, Kent; on the edge of the Weald, 2½ miles S of Sevenoaks r. station. It has a post-office under Sevenoaks. Pop. in 1851, 963; in 1861, 824. Houses, 160. Riverhill House, St. Julian's, and Beechmont are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £90.* Patron, the Rector of Sevenoaks. The church was built in 1820. There are national schools and alms houses.

Additional information about this locality is available for Sevenoaks

Sevenoaks Weald through time

Sevenoaks Weald is now part of Sevenoaks district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sevenoaks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sevenoaks Weald itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sevenoaks Weald, in Sevenoaks and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24521

Date accessed: 27th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sevenoaks Weald ".