Place:


St Gennys  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Gennys like this:

GENNYS (St.), a parish in Stratton district, Cornwall; on the coast of the Bristol channel, 10 miles NNE of Camelford, and 15 NW of Launceston r. station. Post town, Boscastle, Cornwall. Acres, 5, 516; of which 30 are water. Real property, £2, 501. Pop., 572. Houses, 122. The property is much subdivided. ...


The surface is diversified with pleasant vale and bold hills. The rocks include slate and copper ore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £146.* Patron, the Earl of St. Germans. The church is ancient, but good; and there are a U. Free Methodist chapel, and a national school.

St Gennys through time

St Gennys is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Gennys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Gennys in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14543

Date accessed: 28th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Gennys ".