Place:


Bredhurst  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bredhurst like this:

BREDHURST, a parish in Hollinghourn district, Kent; 3 miles SSW of Rainham r. station, and 4½ SE of Chatham. Post Town, Rainham, under Sittingbourne. Acres, 600. Real property, £709. Pop., 117. Houses, 22. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £101. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is old but good.

Bredhurst through time

Bredhurst is now part of Maidstone district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maidstone has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bredhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bredhurst, in Maidstone and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1418

Date accessed: 27th February 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bredhurst".