Place:


Brushford  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brushford like this:

BRUSHFORD, a parish in the district of Tiverton and county of Somerset; on the river Exe, 1½ mile S of Dulverton, and 8 NW by N of Tiverton r. station. Post Town, Dulverton, under Tiverton. Acres, 2,759. Real property, £2,429. Pop., 328. Houses, 64. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Bath and Wells. Value, £384.* Patron, Earl Carnarvon. The church is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school.

Brushford through time

Brushford is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brushford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brushford in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12493

Date accessed: 15th July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brushford".