A vision of Britain from 1801 to now.
Including maps, statistical trends and historical descriptions.
BRUISYARD, a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk; on the river Alde, 3 miles NE of Framlingham r. station, and 4½ WNW of Saxmundham. Post Town, Cransford, under Wickham-Market. Acres, 1,126. Real property, £1,794. Pop., 222. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stradbroke. A chantry or college was removed hither, in 1354, from Campsey; changed afterwards into a nunnery; and given, at the dissolution, to Nicholas Hare. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £60. Patron, the Earl of Stradbroke. The church has two brasses.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
Linked entities: | |
---|---|
Feature Description: | "a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions") |
Administrative units: | Bruisyard AP/CP Plomesgate RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC |
Place: | Bruisyard |
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.